If you own a Ford vehicle you may be affected by this recall. According to CBS News, Ford recently announced a recall that affects over 1.3 million vehicles that are primarily located in North America. The recall was issued mainly due to problems with rear suspension and transmission control software.
When your light comes on, it is ALWAYS important to look at the issue to see if it is a problem. Especially if it is a light we all understand. Tire pressure is one we all can relate to and an easy one to look at. However, most drivers just assume the air is low in them and ignore it which is not a good idea especially when you are driving a 4x4 diesel truck off-roading and could have picked up anything and/or everything like this truck tire did.
He looked, and immediately headed over to see our technicians here at Sterling Auto Works, Inc.
Sometimes it is EASY to see if your car or truck needs to come into our shop for professional repairs!
1. You see steam rising from the engine!
2. The Check Engine Light is on!
3. The engine starts, but there is an odor that is not right.
4. You hear grinding or thumping noises.
5 star rating from John F. for Sterling Auto Works on Google
Sterling has been my go-to place for auto work for quite a while now (6+ years). They have always been good to me. They answer all my questions, are well-priced, and don’t try to sell me any unnecessary work. The people are nice and get the job done right.
1. When the dealership I bought my car from said I needed to bring in my car for a 30,000 mile maintenance check that included a fuel injection (about $300), I called up Sterling to ask if this was necessary; it rarely is and definitely wasn’t at 30,000 miles! Sterling went through the rest of the list with me so I knew what work actually needed to be done.
2. I went to the dealership for an inspection (free inspections for the life of your car if you buy it from them, so why not). They said my car was all set to go. About a month later my car starts making weird noises. I bring it to Sterling. I need new brake pads. I check the inspection paperwork, the dealership put down that I needed new brake pads (and other work) within the next month!! I specifically asked if there were any issues, and they said “no”. I have Sterling look at my car and they immediately know what needs to be fixed. Sterling Autoworks came to the rescue again!
3. Just this past Saturday my car started making weird noises. Brought it to a nearby auto shop (was too afraid to drive it further and it’s one of the few places open on the weekend). I need new front brakes (65,000+ miles, so expected). That shop gives me a quote. I call and leave a message for Sterling. Sterling opens at 7 on Monday. They had a quote for me by 8 and beat the other guy’s price by almost $100! And they can fit me in the next day!
Love these guys and HIGHLY recommend them! - Amber L. (5 star review on Googel)